Quarterly Overwatch Games – Quarter 1
Ministry of Game is proud to bring you the Overwatch games!
This is a community driven Overwatch event:
The winners of which will receive some great prizing and training time in one of our private training rooms provided by (Ministry of Game).
Their name on the MoG Overwatch Games Trophy!
Winning teams will be invited back to a championship tournament at the end of the year featuring a cash prize!!!
Entry Fee: $30, Includes 6 Hours of game play (Must be used on the same day)
Minimum of 6 teams required.
- Teams of 6 can purchase in advance online by filling out the form below.
- If you wish to purchase a single entry ticket you can do so below. *your entire team must purchase a ticket in order to participate*.
- You are also able to pay your registration fee in person at Ministry of Game, 1860 Wilson Avenue Unit 100, Toronto ON.
- You are also able to register on the day of the event. Please pre-register your team here so that we know to expect you.
|Match Structure. Each match will consist of three or four competitive maps selected by the Tournament Officials. The winner of each match will be the Team that has won more maps than the other Team. All maps will be played, regardless of the outcome of the other maps. The win/loss differential of all four maps will count toward the ranking of Teams in the event of Losers Bracket.
1. Prevention of Match Ties. In the event that neither Team has won a majority of maps at the conclusion of the fourth map (e.g., a 2-2 tie), a tiebreaker map will be played. This tiebreaker map will count towards the ranking of Teams in the event of ties.
2. Match Duration. Each match will include scheduled breaks as determined by the host. Each match will include at a minimum 3-minute breaks between maps and an approximately 8- minute “Halftime” following the second map.
Game Settings. During each match the game settings for Overwatch will conform to the following standards:
1. Matches will be played on the “Competitive” ruleset.
2. The Game Admins will randomly designate each Team either the “Home” or “Away” team.
3. The Home Team will defend first for every map (as applicable) within the match.
All of these matches will be played on the most current version of Overwatch, whatever that may be. As we cannot control when they update or what they do with those updates. Everyone must be playing on the most current version of Overwatch.
- All teams are expected to be at Ministry of Game 45 minutes before the start of the first match.
- First match start time is firm, barring any technical challenges.
Using Your Own Peripherals
- You will be permitted to use your own peripherals. Should you wish to do so, it is recommended that you arrive 60 to 90 minutes before the start of the first match.
- Ministry of Game is not responsible for compatibility challenges with personal peripherals and MoG equipment.
- A physical and digital inspection of peripherals may be requested at the discretion of any Ministry of Game Operative, Leader, or Missouri Valley College Representative.
- Ministry of Game reserves the right to stream your match on the Ministry of Game Twitch channel.
- Should you wish to stream your match on your own channel you will be permitted. However, Ministry of Game will not be held responsible for lag time due to streaming.
- Technical challenges with streamer set up will not be permitted to delay first match start time.
- Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before the start of the event.
- Entry fee is non-refundable once we are less than 72 hours from the start of the tournament.
Breach of Rules
- Foul language, offensive, and disruptive behavior will not be tolerated by any player and will result in the following:
- First Warning that the team captain has to acknowledge
- Second Warning will lead to forfeiting the game
- Third Warning will lead to disqualification from the tournament
- If a Bugsplat, disconnect, or any other failure occurs which interrupts the loading process and prevents a player from joining a game upon game start, the game must be immediately paused until all ten players are connected to the game.
- If a game experiences a critical bug at any point during the match that significantly alters game stats or gameplay mechanics, or the external environmental conditions become untenable then a restart may occur at the discretion of the game admin.
- If a player disconnects at a later stage of the game and couldn’t reconnect, his team can pause but not to exceed the pause-allowance, once the pause allowance has been exceeded the match must go on, and in case of refusing the team will lose that game.
- Pause Allowance: Teams may pause the Game for a maximum of 10 minutes over the course of a single Game( best of 5) or 20 minutes over the course of a Match ( best of 3 ) and 15 Minutes for the best of 1 matches. Pausing beyond allowance-time will be considered unfair play and match must be un-paused.
- In case of any dispute regarding any issue, the final decision will be made by the admin.
- Game Admin has the power to refute any rule depending on the situation at hand.
- These Rules may be amended, modified or supplemented by Ministry of Game, from time to time, in order to ensure fair play and the integrity of Ministry of Game.